Welcome to my next Holiday Gift guide post!
So I love Marvel Comics! I love Hulk, Loki, Ghost Rider, Nightcrawler, Gambit and so many others! I get simply giddy when I search for new comic book items to add to my collection. Comic Con is my favorite family vacation. No, I’m not weird, I’m geeky. I went to seven Comic Cons this last year and spoke at all of them. I had so much fun! This last year we cosplayed as DC and this next year we will do DC and Star Wars again. And luckily for those who can’t go to Comic Cons to get the cool stuff, there are a ton of great comic book items you can get straight from the web.
So here’s my favorite 10 top gifts for the Comic Book Fans!
10. Groot Glow and Grow – Okay so technically I think this should be the number one gift because I am absolutely in LOVE with Guardian’s of the Galaxy and more precisely, Groot! So this is the gift everyone should get and give and just flat out have in every room of the house to bring happiness and joy This is so cute. Not only does it glow in the dark but it also is a plant you can grow the grass and vines. Super cute!
9. Marvel Coasters – One of the best things about the marvel movies is the food and drink. Guardians, Avengers, Ironman. Shwarma and Grog! So now when you’re getting ready for your favorite super heroes to come over you can save your table with these awesome coasters.
8. Batman Diaper Bag – So it’s no surprise that I love Marvel, but there are plenty of great DC products too! I especially love their logos. So for all the new dads in your life who are busy taking care of their little ones but still want to be cool, here’s the ideal gift. A Batman Diaper Bag. And even better, name your son Gotham and in the middle of the night your wife can roll over and whisper, “Wake up! Gotham needs you.” Then you can don your Batman Diaper Bag and go to work
7. Harley Quinn – And who would Batman be, without the a villain? And Harley Quinn has turned out to be one of the new favorites among both men and women. My daughter went as Harley Quinn Arkham Nights when we cosplayed as DC this year. Harley Quinn Suicide Squad has become quite the popular girl this year though. This would be a super cute outfit though to wear to bed!
6. Ties for Dad – Now, I don’t know about you but my husband is a businessman, but he still likes to add a bit of personality to his outfits. So I’ve taken to getting him subtle but awesome geeky ties. Star Wars, Batman and more. And Think Geek has some great ones right now for any business professional geek in your life.
5. Comic Shoes – The only thing better than a Comic Book Purse is a Comic Book set of heels! And these ladies have a TON of different heels and sneakers in there stores. I could seriously spend every penny in my bank account on Etsy!
4. Masterworks – So, what are Masterworks? Well, I’m glad you asked! They are paperbacks made with all the original comic books in them. There are several volumes per hero and I’ve bought most of them. I love these! They were how my daughter learned to read and learned to love comic books. They are great for beginners who are wanting to learn about Comics and they are interested in origin stories. Totally worth the money, especially if you don’t have thousands of dollars to buy the original ones.
3. Purses – Anyone who knows me knows I have become a shoe and purse girl since finding all kinds of cool Marvel and Star Wars stuff! And these are no exception! I love these and so will the geeky lady in your life! These are so cool I won’t even hold it against you if you buy the Ironman one. TEAM CAP! Sorry…
2. Backpacks – And the number one thing to get this year for your comic book loving Super Hero? A backpack! I have R2D2 and BB8 but I need to get a Marvel one! Here are some great ones to choose from! I love the Spiderman one!!
1.Red Chapter T-Shirts – Okay, I have to preface this my telling you The Red Chapter guys are friends of mine. I love them! I met them at San Diego Comic Con where I bought 6 of their shirts and then again and again over this last year at all the cons I went to. They are totally cool guys and their shirts are incredible! If you are looking for uniquely awesome shirts, check these guys out. Hulk, Avengers, Captian America, Deadpool, Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Punisher – you name it. They are the coolest around. (I did not get paid to say any of that BTW)
And last but not least! The Best Ugly Comic Book Sweater of the year!
Rebekah R. Ganiere – Books with a Bite
Join my NEWSLETTER for updates, giveaways and FREE reads!