Top Ten List for Book Lovers
I’ve done a lot of geeky posts lately for presents and this one I am being rather selfish on. This one is for people like me. Well, technically they are all for people like me, but this one is for writers and book lovers. What do you get the elusive bibliophile? Well, here are a few suggestions.
10. Book Wallets and Purses – There is nothing cooler than accessories made from books. Now I’ll be honest, it breaks my heart a little to know that precious pages and words were ripped out in the creation of these accesories, but I take a deep breath and I’m okay with it. Mostly. But I still find these totally cool!
9. Book Pillows – These are super cool. They are pillows. You can literally lay your head on Alice in Wonderland or Harry Potter or Pride and Prejudice. It doesn’t get much better than that my geeky friends!
8. Book Journal – There is nothing as precious to me as my Star Wars journals that I use to jot down notes and ideas in for books. My Darth Vader one is completely full so I had to start using my Yoda one. Just about every writer I know has a journal of some kind that they carry with them to take notes in. And these are beautiful ones at that.
7. Bookmarks – There are all kinds of bookmarks out there, but none quite as creative and whimsical as these. Inspired by your favorite stories these bookmarks are a great gift. There are so many to choose from I don’t think I could ever decide on just one.
6. Writing Scarf and Gloves – These are a lot of fun. The best and easiest way to wear your favorite parts of your favorite books in both a scarf and gloves. From Romeo and Juliet to Pride and Prejudice these are beautiful.
5. Bookstore Candle – I think every book lover does what I do. They walk into a bookstore, stop, inhale and smile. It’s like going to heaven in a bookstore. My son, who is 8, even said he loves the smell and wishes he could bottle it! Well, according to this company, you can. I sure hope it’s true because it would be heaven to me!
4. Book Plates – What better way to show your love of books than with an entire setting of book plates? I would love to get these, but with the way my kids break things I’ll have to wait a few more years.
3. Mac Book Cover & Ipad Cover – These are a lot of fun as well as functional. And they may even keep your items from getting stolen. By people who don’t want amazing old books that is.
2. Book Jewelry – Now I am sure there are people out there who don’t like jewelry, but I certainly don’t know any, and if they love jewelry and books you can’t go wrong with any of these items I found! They are simply amazing!
1. Gift Card – I know it sounds cliche and ridiculous, but the best thing you can give a book lover is a gift card to a bookstore. Barnes and Noble and Amazon are the best, but you can go local as well. Local used bookstores and independent bookstores are the way to go.
Okay so I looked EVERYWHERE for any ugly book sweater but couldn’t find one. I did however find an ugly Book T-shirt. So that’s what you get today. Sorry! If you find one, PLEASE send me the link!
So are you a bibliophile? What kind of gift would you want?
Rebekah R. Ganiere – Books with a Bite
Join my NEWSLETTER for updates, giveaways and FREE reads!