It’s Geek Out Gift Day!
Well! It’s here! The Holiday Season. Full of shopping and buying and spending and giving. Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah (or both in my family) or something else, chances are that you are going to need to BUY something for someone. So over the next few weeks I am going to list my top ten gifts for specific fans! This week my spotlight is Star Wars Fans!
You know Star Wars fans right? The fans who love Han Solo. Who spend hours tirelessly building their Millennium Falcon Lego set, (Which my son wants this year) only to glue it together so they can stare at it! Those of us who dress up in Jedi outfits for fun and walk around wearing our R2D2 backpacks? Yup! Die hard fans.
I’m not one of those… cough…cough… My daughter asked me yesterday in the store, “Mom, why does everyone think your R2D2 backpack is mine or Christian’s?” Haha. Because we don’t see enough geeky moms out there!
Okay so maybe I am! This was my family and myself at Comic Con last year. We were all Jedi and happened to meet up with a couple of great Sith. This next year I’ve upped out Star Wars Cosplay, we will be Amazing! But I digress!
So what do you get fans like that? With the new Star Wars right around the corner you can now find Star Wars presents Everywhere! Target, Walmart, Hot topic, Sears, you name it! And here are some fun ideas to get you started.
10. For the little girl in your life who love R2D2 and BB8? (I have one in my house!) These Are the Droids you’re looking for! 🙂 Seriously, these are adorable. And I got mine at Toys R Us where they were buy 1 get on 30% off! My R2D2 is about 18 inches tall and remote controlled like BB8! This BB8 is bigger than the one from last year!
9. Now, let’s be honest, any little boy would want just about Star Wars anything! Or big boys too! I just bought one of these for myself and one for my hubby for Christmas. Part of “upping” my Star Wars Cosplay game! So if you want a lightsaber as close as you can get to real, UltraSabers is the place to go! They light up, they have flash on clash, they have sounds, and they are Ultra Realistic looking! You can choose from so many colors and hilts!! I am so excited!
8. And for every little kid there is a big kid who needs some Star Wars stuff. You know, the guys who actually remember a Star Wars universe Without Jar Jar! For them, I give you, The Ice Cube Trays! Now, I would use these for ice, jello, chocolate and just about any other food item I could think to shove in there! I mean, who doesn’t want to eat a Millennium Falcon Brownie? Or watch the Death Star melt in a drink like Han had in the Cantina? Oh yeah, there’s also a bunch of other cool ones too!
7. My family loves popcorn! I mean, LOVES it! My husband brought the tradition into our marriage. And I don’t mean that gross chemical-laden microwave junk, YUCK! I mean Air popped popcorn! So what is cooler than popcorn, popped by the death star as you watch Star Wars?
6. Now when I saw this next one I thought there couldn’t be anything cooler! I mean seriously, this one is ingenious! An X-wing Knife Block! That is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen!
5. And how about out the tea lover out there or coffee lover? This would be right up my alley as I drink tea every day! And I am a HUGE R2D2 fan! Now I will warn you, the coffee/tea press is on pre-order until January, but it would SOOOOO be worth the wait!
4. Now! I can tell you, as a woman it is super hard to find cool Star Wars clothing for women. Really hard! Everything is so generic! But HerUniverse.com has done an amazing job with geek fashion for women. I was honored to go to their fashion show at San Diego Comic Con. It was so cool! Right now their site is down but you can get some awesome stuff on Hottopic.com for women! Like the Kylo Ren dress and BB8 dress!
3. Everyone one travels. And when you travel you spend half an hour or more searching through bags to see which of the two hundred black roll on bags are yours. Well, No more! Stand out with Star Wars!
2. So what about Mom? The ultimate Star Wars Fan? Well, I AM a Mom and the Ultimate Star Wars Fan, so I had to think about this a little. What would I really want? There is so much out there! Then I came across the most AMAZING Christmas gift EVER for Star Wars!
1. After those lawn ornaments I totally thought I was done. That I’d seen it all and there was nothing else I could possibly add to my list. Until I saw it. The New Phenomenon that has me scratching my head and trying to figure out what the heck has happened to our country. Yes, I am talking about, the dread Ugly Christmas Sweater! So here ya go! For those Star Wars fans who just have EVERYTHING else.
So there are my top 10 picks for Christmas gifts this year for Star Wars fans! What do you think? Did you find anything cooler for Christmas? There is so much out there right now for Star Wars fans that it is mind boggling! I just want it all. But to be totally honest the thing every real Star Wars fan wants for Christmas is tickets to the new movie and for it to be TOTALLY AMAZING!
Rebekah R. Ganiere – Books with a Bite
Join my NEWSLETTER for updates, giveaways and FREE reads!